The Purpose, Aims and Objectives of Bachelors honours degree programme in Computer Science are:
- To create in students the awareness of and enthusiasm for computer science and its capabilities.
- To involve the students in an intellectually stimulating and satisfying experience of learning and studying
- To provide a broad and balanced foundation in computer science knowledge and practical skills.
- To develop in students through an education in computer science a range of transferable applicable skills of information technology to all aspects of human endeavours.
- To generate in students an appreciation of the importance of computer in an industrial, economic, technological and social context.
- To provide students with knowledge and skills base for further studies in computer science or multi-disciplinary studies involving computer science.
The entry requirements shall be at least credit level passes in five subjects including English Language, Mathematics, Physics to form the core subjects with credit in any other two relevant science subjects, at the Senior Secondary School Certificate or its equivalent. In addition, an acceptable pass in the University.
Candidates with two A level passes (graded A-E) at the Advanced Level in one or more relevant subjects (Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics) may undertake the three – year degree programme into 200-level.