Welcome to the Department of Computer and Information Sciences. The Department started in 2019, the same year, the University commenced its official operations, with Professor Charles K. Ayo and Mr. Omosebi Adeoye Paul as its pioneer faculty. In 2020, Dr. Akputu Oryina Kingsley joined the University and became the first substantive Ag. Head of the Department. The department runs two undergraduate programmes, leading to the degrees of B.Sc. Computer Science and B.Sc. Information Technology, both of which have been approved by the Nigerian Universities Commission (NUC).
The Aims and Objectives of Bachelors honours degree programme in Information Technology are:
- To create in students the awareness of and enthusiasm for Information Technology and its capabilities.
- To involve the students in an intellectually stimulating and satisfying experience of learning and studying
- To provide a broad and balanced foundation in Information Technology knowledge and practical skills.
- To develop in students through an education in Information Technology a range of transferable applicable skills of information technology to all aspects of human endeavours.
- To generate in students an appreciation of the importance of computer in an industrial, economic, technological and social context.
- To provide students with knowledge and skills base for further studies in Information Technology or multi-disciplinary studies involving Information Technology.
The entry requirements shall be at least credit level passes in five subjects including English Language, Mathematics, Physics to form the core subjects with credit in any other two relevant science subjects, at the Senior Secondary School Certificate or its equivalent. In addition, an acceptable pass in the University.
Candidates with two A level passes (graded A-E) at the Advanced Level in one or more relevant subjects (Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics) may undertake the three – year degree programme into 200-level.