- The philosophy of the nursing degree programmes takes cognizance of the philosophy of health services and nursing education for Nigeria. The Nursing profession believes that:
- Man is a bio-psycho-social being and his needs are the focus of all nursing activities. Man is a member of a family and families make up communities.
- The health care system exists to meet the needs of the consumers of health care by providing primary, secondary and tertiary health care to ensure that individuals, families, groups and communities are assisted to maintain a high level of wellness.
- The programme offer liberal or general and professional education for nurses who will be able to utilize psycho-social and physical factors in health promotion, health maintenance and of health restoration.
- The programme prepares the graduate nurse to think effectively, to communicate thought and to discriminate among values.
- The programme prepares Polyvalent Nurse Practitioner who are capable of performing nursing skills in a variety of settings, therapeutically assisting individuals, family and Community with diverse back grounds and health problems to attain optimal health.
- The programme prepare nurse-practitioners who are capable of relating the role of health services to the broader social system and who will be engaged in life-long and self directed learning.
Candidates seeking admission into B.N.Sc. programme should possess the minimum entry qualifications as contained under general issues on Basic Medical Science
Candidates possessing Registered Nursing Certificate (RN) and the required five subjects at ‘O’ level may be admitted by direct entry.
Duration of Programme
The duration of the B.N.Sc. Degree Course is 5 years for Joint Matriculation Examination Entry candidates and 4 years for Direct Entry Candidates.
To produce graduates that can raise and sustain the professional status of mass communication in its different areas of specialisation within the Nation and the globe.
To train Mass Communication professionals and produce graduates that are ethically minded and who are prepared to compete and attain leadership positions in media organisations across different sectors of the country and beyond for the benefits of humanity.